SharePoint 2010 Workflow
Workflow (Business Process Automation)
- Workflow is a process of automation of the manual process.
- Workflow makes the complex process more easy, reliable and redirect the labor and contains cost.
Business Process tools
- Large enterprise resource planning system
- Middleware to integrate existing price
- General purpose tool to create the simple automation example: Excel.
SharePoint Business Process Automation
- SharePoint: MS Office tightly coupled with SharePoint. So Track the date in the SharePoint list & notify the uses with changes track task, contact list and event with outlook. Workflow to attached task and store document to the document list.
- K2: SharePoint Workflow process can be extended using K2.
- Nintex: SharePoint only workflow solution for complex workflow and integrate with InfoPath.
SharePoint Business Automation Process List
- Assign Task
- Track issue
- Track Process
- Notify users of changes in list and libraries
- User can create alerts for users
- Administrator can create alerts for users
- Types of alerts
- Active: Notification changes via email
- Alert based on type of change
- Passive: Notification using RSS (Really simple syndication)
- Outlook & Internet explorer to subscribe the RSS
- Subject to security and authentication
SharePoint OOB Workflow
- Workflow is a series of steps
- Ensure compliance with required procedures
- Create audit trails Assign and track task to workflow participants
- Assign and track task to workflow participants
- Start workflow
- Type of WF